Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day 4, July 24th. Egar, Hungary



Happy 21st Birthday to my Nephew Nick!
Again, up at 4 AM, hmmm, it's not like 4 AM is any relative time to when I'd be waking up at home, it would be like 8 PM there. Oh well, it is what it is. So I met up with Rosemary and the Australians, along with some other friends of Nick's to go out to the camp site where the English camp will take place next week. It was a beautiful place, and I was told that it was formerly a Communist youth camp. It seemed to be a very peaceful place and I'm sure it will be wonderful for Nick and his group. They all seem like very nice people.

After that, it was a day for Rosemary to complete some things that needed to be done for the camp. So I just hung out with her,went to McDonald's for lunch and then visited with the Australians! When Nick's was day at the Church, we all decided an hour or so at the local pool would be fantastic!!! It's another scorching hot day and it was so nice to cool off. I was exhausted by the time we were done, but I was forcing myself to stay awake as long as possible, this not sleeping at night was for the owls, haha. I did take a small 10 min nap before Nick, Rosemary and I went out again downtown for dinner. It was a beautiful night and Nick and I loved the opportunity to get some more photos. Funny thing about that is we decided on a restaurant and had a cute little table. There was live music near by and some kind of "Civil War" like rifle demonstration, I guess is the best I can think of for a description. I decided it was time to get a picture or two of the Monkey in Egar, so I started positioning and posing and snapped a couple. The large table next to us was commenting about it and laughing about it, so I had Nick ask if I could take their picture with Monkey. They discussed for a few moments and they finally said yes... come to find out, it was the Mayor of Egar!!!! We all got a good laugh out of that!!

I think I mentioned before that Egar is a really big wine area, so again, we took to getting a taste of the local fair. I chose a cool Riesling this time, but I wasn't as impressed with it as I was the previous nights with the other White and Red wines. It tasted like a Chardonnay and I was quite surprised on my 1st sip. I was still about to fall asleep at the table, but the fresh air was doing a nice job of keeping me alive, so a light dinner was in order. I had fruit soup, never heard of fruit soup, but it was really good. It was cold and had a ton of blackberries in it. We also indulged in some creape desserts too along with an Americana coffee, which was horrible. But I guess you take the good with the bad!

2 comments:

  1. 21st birthday? I hope you're just giving me a hard time - I'm 26!
    Glad you had a good time in Eger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I'm so lame... I just realized that that birthday message was for your nephew Nick - and I am your cousin. Hopá!

    ReplyDelete