Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 10, July 30th, Paris, France



Got up early again, but this time was to get a jump on the showers. My room of 6 people and 1 bathroom wasn't gonna be fun. Then I just got packed and checked out early. I just sat around the lobby of the hostel and used the internet for a couple of hours. I thought about actually trying to see a little more of Munich OR I could go back to Olympic park during the day or go have breakfast somewhere. Nope, didn't do it, I guess today was pretty much a resting day.

I started out with a Brezel (pretzel) at the train station, that was the extend of the German food for me, oh well. Train pulled out of Munich at 10:23 and I had 2 trains to take to Paris. It was pretty full the whole way there and it was difficult to get pictures. It was pretty and in some areas it was really interesting to see that there were vineyards on steep hill sides that stretched out for at least a mile. And they were in little sections, a few rows would do vertical, then a few rows horizontal. It was quite interesting to see and I don't think I was even in France at this point, I'm pretty sure I was in mid-Western Austria. The country side of France was very pretty, very green and lush. The little villages/towns (can't say for sure what they are, I don't know the dynamics of the place), were just adorable, from a small snipped to sight via train. But the ride towards the end was getting really long, 6 hours, but this was the fast train, so it could have been worse. I got in at 4:30 and was very proud of myself to find the subway, asked what line I needed and got to my hotel in very little time!!!

I chose a hotel for Paris and it is a very small, quaint, old building. The elevator was so tiny that I almost couldn't fit in it with my backpacks on, lol. It is a little bitty room w/ a Twin bed, perfect for 1 person and I think the shower is bigger in a camper then this one, but I like it and I'm really spending a very little bit of time here. I got things settled and head out to Hard Rock Cafe. It was only blocks away and easy to find this time, that goodness. So I hung out there and then slowly walked back the the hotel to take in the sites and sounds of Paris... not knowing, I'd take in the sounds all night until the wee hours of the morning, like 4am! Oh well, life it good!

No comments:

Post a Comment