Friday, August 14, 2009

Day 25, Friday August 14th. London, England (Harpenden)

I only heard the family leaving this morning at 5 am. Rhys sounded so excited as he watched for the taxi from the upstairs window, "it's here daddy, to take us to see Hannah", so cute!

I slept in much longer then I had expected today, but I think it was needed. I then ponder if it is worth going into "the City" today at all. It cost $19 round trip each day I go on the train (luckily, Diana has given me her underground pass, so that's free to me), but I'm cheap and it's already cost me $60.... hmm. I hung out at the house for quiet some time, just re-organizing my stuff and thinking about what to do. When I decided to just walk around Harpenden for a little while. It's a pretty nice neighborhood. A lot of cute shops and tons of Land Rovers and BMW's around, I guess this is the place to be. I walked passed a Reality office and in the window was pictures of homes in the area, they are all around 1 million pounds, that a lot more in dollars! LOL. But as like other towns in the UK, some of the places close for a few hours in the afternoon and I had just missed the fish and chips place for lunch shift, damn. So I found a bar that had the fish n chips as the lunch special for the day, sweet! Pretty good too. As I went to walk around some more and make a final decision on going into London, my feet were acting up again. I have to carry the big bag again tomorrow and I'd really like to not have issues with walking, so a day of rest was probably in order. There really wasn't much that I missed on my list. Some people told me I really needed to see the National Museum and other told me see the Tate Museum and probably Harrods, oh well, next time I guess. I was also told that on the 2nd trip, it's suggested to check out some of the neighborhoods that are famous, Notting Hill, Chelsea and places like that. So that's a good idea for then as well. The weather today was quiet chilly and gray as well, so not real motivational, lol.

I ended up sleeping for a couple of hours when I got back to the house and then forced myself to get up. I did boring stuff like printed my e-ticket for the plane tomorrow and typed this blog and so forth. I will probably finish with about the same thing tonight, other then getting completely packed and I head out at about 8 am. I'm sure this will be the last post, for hearing about going home on a plane isn't all that exciting. I really can't believe it's over, but I feel like I've been gone for months. It'll be nice to be home! This is one vacation I will never say, "it was too short".

Thanks for reading and following along, I hope you enjoyed my fun and mishaps!! I'll be sure to get a photo album up very soon, with my over 1500 pictures (I'm sure I can cut that down by a couple hundred), and I'll post a link on here.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment