Saturday, August 8, 2009

Day 18, Friday August 7th, 09. Dublin, Ireland

Today was a mellow day, after another night and early morning with the snoring lady, this time it was making noise in the morning and even calling her Dr. on speaker phone while 5 people tried to sleep, ridiculous. The girl in the top bunk near mine mouthed, What the Fuck... yeah, exactly! Luckily, she checked out and we can all just get some sleep tonight. Today is my last day in Dublin, so I thought I'd just piddle around the city a little bit. Found of that since you need exact change on a bus, that if you had to over pay, you could get a refund with your reciepts at the bus station, so I did that! Then I went to the tourist information center to find out what the options were to get to Wales. The lady couldn't tell me anything, said I'd have to check on the internet, hmmm ok, so much for "Information". I decided after that to just walk around and take a couple of photos that I was missing from the city, yeah, like I need to walk around some more, haha! But I did, it's just been beautiful here, everyone is talking about the fabulous weather we've had since I was here of course! I went back to the hostel and asked them about Wales. In one of the sister hostels there was a sign "Our staff is well traveled and we can help you with your planning, where ever you'd like to go", so I tried here. Wales? No ideas, nice! But they gave me a different web site. So I decided to just walk to the bus station and ask them, it's only like 2 miles away, lol. So I did just that, come to find out, they were no help either. I swear, apparently, Wales is the best kept secret in the world, because NO ONE knows how to get there or around there!! So, I attempt to walk back to the hostel to get online again. I say attempt, because I proceeded to get really lost. The maps they give you for free, don't list all the streets! AND the map stops a street or 2 south of my hostel, nice! So I was way North, really it is pretty funny, now! I asked someone where Dorset street was and I had passed it, awhile ago, oh well. Found my way back, while the sun was still shining, haha, we still had like 3 hours, but you never know. I went straight to the internet and found out that ALL ferries to the UK didn't leave until 8:30pm, frick, so I guess I'm in Dublin for another day. Good news is, that I won't have to pay for a hostel tomorrow night, I'll be on the ferry/bus until 6 am, so I guess the price is worth it. I picked the one that goes straight into Manchester. That was my next destination anyways, so I'll hit the Hard Rock Cafe there, of course 6 hours after I get there, but then I'll head south to Cardiff. Awesome, but I guess the lesson here is not to wait until the day before to make plans. However, in my defense, even over here they couldn't help me get there, how was I supposed to plan this at home? haha

I went to a cute little pub, not far from my hostel for dinner. A pint of Guinness and spaghetti, pretty good. Then I asked the waitress if it was a myth that Guinness is poured in Ireland with a clover leaf in the foam, she said that it can be done, but only the really talented. So once the "talented" guy showed up, I had another. But as she was telling me to wait until the clover shows up more, it actually was disappearing, so I'm not sure if my pictures was all that great, but it was cool to see. I also had a fantastic apple and mixed berries crisp with ice cream and cream, it was delicious. They made it fresh... wow! And I had a cup of coffee, yep, this was my night out!!

I walked back to the hostel to make sure I got my night stuff done before my bunk mates went to sleep. When I got to the room, we all talked about the crazy snoring lady, it was pretty funny. In the room right now is a girl from Korea, traveling for 2 months and writing about travel. Then 2 sisters from Switzerland that are traveling together before school starts, it's pretty cool. I left them to go to sleep and I went down to the internet area to type some and write some and then read a book. I guess I have another day in Dublin, wonder what I'll do, I have no idea... oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment