Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 15, August 4th, Prestwick, Scotland

With nothing scheduled for a day, I slept in and then slowly made my way out. It was kind of nice to have a day to do much of nothing. I did get a chance to write in my journal again and have lunch in the coffee shop of the hostel, a Chicken Panini and a latte, really good latte's here. I finally got onto the internet too, they had a bit of a problem here with the connection. Once I started out to the bus stop, I was really happy to find it was all down hill! I stopped in a backpacking shop to see if they had some good inserts for my shoes, since the Walking Store in Denver didn't get the ones I wanted in before I left. They had some really good ones, but the shape was odd for my Sketchers, dang it. Oh well, it was worth a try. I made my way via bus and train to the airport in Prestwick, Scotland (technically the Glasgow airport, 43 mins away). My accommodations for the night is at a place really close to the airport, but this area is pretty quiet and looks like a big area for golfers. It's a really nice room and it'll be a great place to relax. Internet is free, so I'll get some stuff done before I leave early tomorrow morning at 5:30 am. Some of my friends at home won't even be going to bed yet, by the time I'll have to get up, haha. I had a really light dinner of Lentil soup (kind of taste like split pea soup) and a 1/2 pint of Guinness. I guess it's still tradition here that if a female asks for Guinness, they serve you a 1/2 pint, interesting. The rest of the night will be spent just reading and going to bed early. Sorry this one is not as exciting as falling off a bike or spending 5 hours on the Eiffel Tower, but I guess there has to be a lull before more excitement!!

Cheers!

Farewell Scotland!

No comments:

Post a Comment