Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 22, Tuesday, August 11th. Cardiff, Wales/ London, England

I headed out early to officially get a ticket to London. I went to McD's and bought it online, 12 pounds! Whoo hoo, that's like $20!!! But it was on a bus, oh well, it'll do. `It was to leave at 9:30 am, so I had a little bit of time to walk to the Cardiff Castle and get some pictures and then back to the bus station, all very close together. At 12:30, I'm in LONDON!!!! Wooo hoo again!

I found my way to another McD's to contact Diana, whom I'm staying with, to find out what "Tube" to take to her house. It was actually 1 tube and a LONG train ride to her place, it's not exactly in London, but it was great. I found the house, because the Diana's son Rhys was staring out his bedroom window, watching for me. He is just too cute. Since the train was so long, I decided that I wasn't going to get into the city today. Diana had stayed home today, because her nanny had Swine Flu and her husband, Julian, had a couple of meetings. So while Diana needed to do some work from home, I offered Rhys to go outside and play. He thought that it would be great to play football (soccer) and I explained that I'd never played before and I needed to be taught. He loved that idea, he also explained that his favorite team was Liverpool and that I was in the right place to learn football! lol (He's 4 1/2, btw). I took some pictures of Rhys playing and that's when Kate (the 2 year old) woke up from her nap. Of course then I had to get pictures of both of them. Rhys then taught me how to play Rugby, until there was a scraped knee and after a brief rest, we then played cricket. It was so much fun and to listen to their little British accents is the cutest thing ever!

So today was my rest day. I settled into my room and sat with the kids while they had there dinner. Then just did computer stuff during their baths. Once the kids went to bed, Diana and I had a lovely dinner and talked for a couple of hours, until it was really late for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment